We have had another very busy year at Process Safety Solutions and wanted to give an update of new areas we are working in and upcoming projects that may be of interest to you and your business.
In 2021 PSS became a OSIsoft PI partner and member of the OSIsoft PartnerEcoSphere, and have further developed our PI capabilities in 2022.
- In May PSS attended PIWorld in Amsterdam where we further developed our knowledge on the PI system and how we and our clients can benefit from the combined expertise of AVEVA + PI System.
- This year we have trained a number of our engineers on the PI system and have built our internal development system.
- In December we were awarded a major PI system development and delivery project for a key national infrastructure.
Functional Safety Management
Process Safety Solutions commitment to Functional Safety continued in 2022.
- A number of staff members completing their TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety course, either as a new candidate or their 10 year renewal.
- PSS Systems Manager Myles Gowen has joined the Institute of Measurement and Control’s Functional Safety Special Interest Group (SIG) and was awarded his Registered Functional Safety Engineer status in September.
Read more about PSS’s approach to Functional Safety and the Registered Functional Safety status here;
Major Oil & Gas Operator Support Contract
In July, PSS were awarded a new three-year contract with a major Oil & Gas Operator for the supply of specialist systems support.
PSS are contracted to provide maintenance, support and modifications services for five offshore platforms and one onshore gas terminal including
The systems support scope covers a wide portfolio of system equipment include technologies from PSS OEM partners Rockwell Automation, Schneider, HIMA and Codra.
Read more about the contract here; https://processsafetysolutions.co.uk/news/new-three-year-contract-with-a-major-oil-gas-operator-for-the-supply-of-specialist-systems-support
Key Competencies & Partners
In 2022 we have expanded our OEM partnerships and relationships with new and innovative product partners.
PSS are the Aberdeen route to market for a number of technologies and products. With such great relationships, PSS are well positioned to offer the best fit solutions for the end user and application based on our experience and wide product portfolio.
PSS are an Aveva and Schneider Electric Alliance System Integrator, a Rockwell Automation System Integrator, a Codra Panorama Certified Integrator, Siemens Automation Solutions Partner, HIMA Partner, an Emerson Technology Partner, an OSIsoft PI Partner and an Eldor UK Alliance partner.
We are in final stage talks with a number of new partners to finalise agreements which we hope to share and demonstrate in 2023.
2023 and onwards
If you have any PLC, HMI, PI or other systems support / projects at present you are looking for help with please feel free to reach out. We would also be grateful to be considered in the future for an opportunity to bid for any upcoming works.
If you could please share with any of your colleagues involved with control systems this would much appreciated.